CARO Privacy Statement
At CARO, we treat your privacy seriously. Any personal data which you provide to CARO will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, in accordance with Irish and European Data Protection legislation. This notice sets out details of the information that we collect, how we process it and who we share it with. It also explains your rights under data protection law in relation to our processing of your data.
Who we are
Throughout this Notice, “we”, “us” and “our” refers to CARO. For more information about us, please refer to our website: https://www.caro.ie.
How we collect your personal data
We collect your data from you when you register with CARO. It will be used by us only in accordance with the purposes outlined in this notice.
The purpose and legal basis for collecting your data
Any personal data you provide to us via your registration with CARO will be processed fairly and lawfully.
It will be used for the purposes of operating our website and enabling us to provide you with the services you have chosen to use.
The Data Protection Acts allows us to process your data because you have provided your explicit consent. You are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. If you do withdraw your consent, CARO will no longer process your personal data and will take steps to delete all reference to your data securely.
Details of third parties with whom we share personal data
How long we will keep your data
In keeping with the data protection principles we will only store your data for as long as is necessary. For the purposes described here we will store your data for an indefinite duration for operational purposes.
You have various rights under data protection law, subject to certain exemptions, in connection with our processing of your personal data, including the right:
- to find out if we use your personal data, access your personal data and receive copies of your personal data;
- to have inaccurate/incomplete information corrected and updated;
- in certain circumstances, to have your details deleted from systems that we use to process your personal data or have the use of your personal data restricted in certain ways;
- to object to certain processing of your data by CARO;
- to exercise your right to data portability where applicable (i.e. obtain a copy of your personal data in a commonly used electronic form);
- where we have relied upon consent as a lawful basis for processing, to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- to not be subject to solely automated decision;
- to request that we stop sending you direct marketing communications.
If you wish to avail of these rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions or Complaints
If you have any queries in relation to CARO's data privacy and protection policy please contact a member of the CARO Team on email@example.com.
If you have any complaints in connection with our processing of your personal data, you can contact Mayo County Council's Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission if you are unhappy with our processing of your personal data. Details of how to lodge a complaint can be found on the Data Protection Commission’s website (www.dataprotection.ie), or by telephoning 1890 252 231.