Date: 03 Jun 2021
€17.3m climate adaptation investment programme
Minister Eamon Ryan T.D. and Minister of State Hildegarde Naughton T.D. have today announced details of a €17.3m climate adaptation investment programme for regional and local roads.
The Programme will aid 26 local authorities in implementing 432 road improvement projects across the country while building on the support provided under the 2020 July Stimulus Plan.
The types of projects approved for funding include schemes aimed at alleviating flooding to roads, bridge strengthening and repairs, embankment stability measures to protect the road and prevent slippage, altering the level of the road to mitigate flooding and reduce road closure frequency, road edge protection measures and the replacement/repair of seawalls or retaining walls which support regional and local roads.
Among the projects are:
Read more HERE
- Improving drainage works with a full overlay to replace severely damaged local road between Garrymore and Ballincarrig, Co. Wicklow.
- Replacement and repair of the sea wall in Belmullet, Co.Mayo.
- Install drainage network & upgrade to sections of the road in Lissyegan, Co. Galway to deal with extreme flooding situations.
- Drainage and embankment stability measures to protect the road and repair slippage in Ballyhar, Co. Kerry
- Increase hydraulic capacity at Breandrum Bridge in Co. Cavan